LASIK in Arizona
We’ll See You Soon, So You Can See
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center: Arizona’s Vision Care Destination
At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, we’re proud to be Arizona’s premier destination for Laser Vision Corrective Surgery, led by surgeons who are with you for the entire eye journey. Dr. Matthew Hammond and Dr. Michael Herion, both military veterans, have dedicated over 35 years to serving and safeguarding patients’ vision.
Minimal Wait Times
We care about your time and put our best minds together to create a scheduling format that ensures you won’t be left waiting in the waiting room.
Our surgeons insist on personally meeting you before and after the surgery because they are your surgeons, who better to oversee your care? Our doctors even give out their cellphone numbers to their surgical patients!
We spent millions of dollars to help you see better. The technology at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center ensures we’re able to help you get the best results possible.
Surgeons Who Serve the Community
Our dedicated surgeons generously offer their time to support the community’s trauma centers, ensuring that the same skilled surgeon who handles emergency cases is also the one enhancing your vision.
Locally- and Veteran-Owned
Both Dr. Hammond and Dr. Herion served in the armed forces, and live locally, just a short 25 minute drive from the office. The pair have also been through the same LASIK process you’ll be going through here at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center.
We’re your go-to hub for advanced ophthalmology solutions, with a strong focus on improving your quality of life. We offer not just LASIK, but six modern vision correction procedures to cater to your specific needs.
Premium Cataract Surgery
At Carrot, we go beyond cataract surgery by ensuring you have post-operative appointments with your surgeon, options to improve your vision after surgery, and lasers to ensure safer, better outcomes.
Comprehensive Eye Care
At Carrot, our surgeons believe in ensuring you have a place to get answers. We’re here to address your glaucoma, diabetic, macular degeneration, pediatric, cosmetic, and other vision concerns.
Discover a brighter future for your eyes! Contact our office today to schedule your appointment or explore your modern vision procedure options through our vision quiz. Your vision, our commitment – it’s what sets us apart.
New at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center: SkinBetter Science
Why Choose Carrot LASIK & Eye Center for LASIK and Cataract Removal?
Our mission is to ensure you feel at home while choosing the best procedure for your vision needs. At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center your time is valuable. You’ll benefit from the newest equipment and technology in an efficient exam lane during every appointment, reducing the time you spend in office. Further, you won’t have to wait hours to be seen. We strive to provide a fast check-in process and keep wait times to a minimum.
- At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, our patient’s average wait time in lobby is less than 7 minutes.
- We’ve invested in technology that reduces your time in surgery and reduces your recovery time.
- Patients travel from across the county to be treated by our kind and professional staff.
- Our surgeons have been through the same process you’ll be going through! Both Dr. Hammond and Dr. Herion had their vision corrective surgeries completed here at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center.
- You meet your surgeon BEFORE surgery and get to ask them any questions you have before your big day.
Is LASIK Surgery Safe?
LASIK is one of the safest elective surgeries you can have with the greatest impact on your daily life. We understand the idea of surgery can be scary, especially when it comes to the eyes. To help reduce your nerves, we put together some facts about LASIK:
- Modern LASIK surgery takes around 15 minutes for both eyes, and you will see results immediately.
- LASIK has a complication rate of less than 0.5%! At Carrot, we’ve invested in reducing that number even further.
- Those having LASIK are up to five times less likely to have a complication with their eyes than everyday contact wearers.
- LASIK’s patient satisfaction rate is over 98%!
- Over 10 million people in the United States have had LASIK surgery. Over 40 million people world-wide have opted for LASIK.
- LASIK has been FDA approved in the United States since 1995.
Learn More about LASIK
Learn More about Our Doctors
Matthew Hammond, M.D.
A refractive and cataract surgery specialist, Dr. Hammond attended Utah State University for his undergraduate degree and George Washington University for medical school. His internship as well as his residency in ophthalmology took place at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington D.C.
Learn More about Dr. Hammond
Michael Herion, M.D.
Dr. Herion is a Lt. Col. in the United States Air Force Reserve, representative of the desire to serve that motivated his choice to go into the field of eye medicine. During his service time, he received an Air Force Commendation Medal for his service in The Global War on Terror.
Learn More about Dr. Herion
Check out our extensive list of accepted health plans.
At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, we know that the cost of eye care can be a real concern of our patients, especially those with large families. Our eye clinic is dedicated to helping you find the eye care you need at the price you can afford because at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, we’re good for your eyes.
Please submit your information and our team will be in touch shortly.
Medical Insurance We Accept *
- AZ Foundation for Medical Care*
- AmeriBen (Excluding Dignity and Honor Health)*
- Banner Prime*
- Banner Plus*
- BCBS (Excluding HMO and Medicare Advantage)*
- Cigna Open Access Tier 2 (Excluding HMO and Local Plus)*
- Childrens Rehabilitative Servies (CRS)*
- Devoted (Medical Only)*
- Healthsmart Complete PPO*
- Oscar Health (Medical Only)*
- PHCS Network*
- Railroad Medicare*
Insurance We Accept that Require PCP Referral *
- Aetna Prime Plus HMO *
- Tricare *
- Triwest (Requires VA Authorization) *
- UHC Banner Health Network 12×42 *
- UHC Optum *
- UHC Phoenix Direct *
- UHC Silver C Advantage *
- Davis Vision
- Superior Vision
*PLAN REQUIRES REFERRAL OR AUTHORIZATION FROM PCP