LASIK in Arizona
We’ll see you soon, so you can see
Carrot LASIK & Vision Center: Arizona’s LASIK Expert
Carrot LASIK & Eye Center is Arizona’s leader in Laser Vision Corrective Surgery. Dr Matthew Hammond and Dr. Michael Herion have been serving patient’s eyes for over 15 years, both starting with military backgrounds.
As one of the most technologically advanced ophthalmology clinics in the state, LASIK is just one of the many solutions to vision correction we offer. Located in Mesa, Carrot LASIK & Eye Center offers six modern vision correction procedures all designed around improving patients’ quality of life.
We’ve invested in making your stay with us as comfortable and personable as possible. When you schedule an appointment for eyecare, whether it’s a routine eye exam or a vision-restoring procedure, the most important thing is that you’re not just another number. You’ll receive individualized treatment at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, from doctors and staff who understand your needs and treat you like a member of our family.
Our customized, people-focused approach is why you can trust your vision to the team at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center – offering unmatched results, splitting-edge technology, and unsurpassed customer service. But don’t just take our word for it, hear from patients who we’ve had the honor to serve. Call our Mesa office for an appointment, or take our vision quiz to explore your modern vision procedure options to see that we’re good for your eyes.
Why Choose Carrot LASIK & Eye Center for LASIK and Cataract Removal?
Our mission is to ensure you feel at home while choosing the best procedure for your vision needs. At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center your time is valuable. You’ll benefit from the newest equipment and technology in an efficient exam lane during every appointment, reducing the time you spend in office. Further, you won’t have to wait hours to be seen. We strive to provide a fast check-in process and keep wait times to a minimum.
- At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, our patient’s average wait time in lobby is less than 7 minutes.
- We’ve invested in technology that reduces your time in surgery and reduces your recovery time.
- Patients travel from across the county to be treated by our kind and professional staff.
- Our surgeons have been through the same process you’ll be going through! Both Dr. Hammond and Dr. Herion had their vision corrective surgeries completed here at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center.
- You meet your surgeon BEFORE surgery and get to ask them any questions you have before your big day.
Request a Consultation
“In terms of surgical skill and patient outcomes there is nobody better. My vision is wonderful, and my outcome is everything I’d hoped for. I’d give 10 stars if I could.”
“Kindest staff. The doctor met with me through every visit. They were so gentle with me. Thoroughly explained everything. Less than 24 hours after surgery I’m reading 20/20! GO TO CARROT!!!!”
“The team at Carrot Eye Center is absolutely amazing! They make you feel welcome the entire time you are there, they are honest with you and they remember who you are.”
Is LASIK Surgery Safe?
LASIK is one of the safest elective surgeries you can have with the greatest impact on your daily life. We understand the idea of surgery can be scary, especially when it comes to the eyes. To help reduce your nerves, we put together some facts about LASIK:
- Modern LASIK surgery takes around 15 minutes for both eyes, and you will see results immediately.
- LASIK has a complication rate of less than 0.5%! At Carrot, we’ve invested in reducing that number even further.
- Those having LASIK are up to five times less likely to have a complication with their eyes than everyday contact wearers.
- LASIK’s patient satisfaction rate is over 98%!
- Over 10 million people in the United States have had LASIK surgery. Over 40 million people world-wide have opted for LASIK.
- LASIK has been FDA approved in the United States since 1995.
Learn More about LASIK
Learn More about Our Doctors
Matthew Hammond, M.D.
A refractive and cataract surgery specialist, Dr. Hammond attended Utah State University for his undergraduate degree and George Washington University for medical school. His internship as well as his residency in ophthalmology took place at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington D.C.
Learn More about Dr. Hammond
Michael Herion, M.D.
Dr. Herion is a Lt. Col. in the United States Air Force Reserve, representative of the desire to serve that motivated his choice to go into the field of eye medicine. During his service time, he received an Air Force Commendation Medal for his service in The Global War on Terror.
Learn More about Dr. Herion
LASIK and SMILE
LASIK and SMILE is now more affordable than ever!
Did you know LASIK and SMILE can actually save you money? Most people recoup the cost of LASIK and SMILE within three to five years by not having to buy new glasses, crazy contact pricing, not to mention other necessities like prescription sunglasses and lens cleaner! We created a handy calculator so you can see how much you will save by having LASIK or SMILE surgery.
See How Much You Can Save
Cataracts done by a LASIK surgeon is GREAT for your eyes!
Surgeons who also perform LASIK or SMILE surgery can fine-tune your vision post-cataract surgery. Not only do you get your cataract removed, you also can get your vision fine-tuned to see your best! At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, our years of experience allow us to create personalized care plans for every patient, no matter the type of severity of their contacts.
Learn More About Cataracts
Check out our extensive list of accepted health plans.
At Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, we know that the cost of eye care can be a real concern of our patients, especially those with large families. Our eye clinic is dedicated to helping you find the eye care you need at the price you can afford because at Carrot LASIK & Eye Center, we’re good for your eyes.
Please submit your information and our team will be in touch shortly.
- AZ Foundation for Medical Care
- Aetna: Aetna Prime Plus HMO*, Aetna PPO, Coventry Network, Aetna/Banner, Aetna Signature & Allied
- AHCCCS Complete Care* & APIPA Community Plan*
- Banner Health Network(12X42)*, Banner Prime* & Banner Plus
- BCBS: Blue Alliance, Blue Acclaim, CHS, Federal, PPO, Gilsbar, Ameriben & MailHandlers
- Care 1st* (AHCCCS Medicaid)
- Champ VA
- Children’s Rehabilitative Services
- Cigna (Open Access)
- Humana: Commercial PPO, Commercial HMO*, Commercial POS & EPO, Medicare PPO & POS, Medicare PFFS & HMO*, Gold Plus & Gold Choice
- OSCAR Health
- PHCS Network, MultiPlan, First Health
- Railroad Medicare
- United Health Care: PPO, Choice POS/II, Golden Rule, UMR, Empire Plan, Optum* & Phoenix Direct*
- WellCare Liberty HMO*
- Davis Vision
- Sight Care
- Superior Vision
*PLAN REQUIRES REFERRAL OR AUTHORIZATION FROM PCP